Monday 13 July 2009

The Big 3-0!

dolly-00001-4

As my birthday approached, I could feel myself getting more and more nervous. The big 3-0...I would no longer be in my 20s.
The days and hours sped by, each day me taking one more step into official adulthood. I am fairly sure as you grow up you reach a mental age in your mind and never grow any older. My mental age was 15 I think. I am now double my mental age...and to cap it all with a 'toyboy' husband I never hear the end of it!
However, when my birthday arrived it fetched with it some lovely surprises. Thanks to everyone for making my day so special and especially to James who excelled himself with the present below...
...a book case!
Since we moved in together three years ago I have campaigned for a book case. I am an avid reader and every nook and cranny has a book stuffed into it. He has always resisted until now!
It wasn't my main present and I got lots of other things but secretly it's my most favourite!
dolly-00001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment