Sunday 1 June 2008

Beads and Sequins...

blog

Getting the wedding dress shot is probably one of the most important jobs a photographer has to bottom. Problem is - it's not easily done. What with the beads and sequins reflecting flash and the white dress throwing your camera's metering whazzy, it really is difficult to get one that shows the detail.

So, the mission I set myself this weekend was to try to do a dress shot that captured all the detail. With the camera in M mode. Which, basically, means every decision on light, ISO, shutter speed, etc etc had to be made by me! And, to cap that off, I wanted to try to hone my depth of field skills...

It took me five attempts to get this shot, but I wanted to show the beadwork of this gorgous gown. (Would you believe it, the bride didn't have a single shot in her albumn of her gown?!)

Hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment