Sunday 7 June 2009

Jazzles - oh how we love thee!

-8436

I am a retro kind of girl. I scour charity shops, my teeshirts look like they were run over by a tractor in the 70s and my vintage shoe collection is epic.
But when I saw these I had a flashback to the 80s moment. I thought of Fame! I thought of leaping around my nannan's kitchen, singing Fame, my hair in the tightest poodle perm you could imagine. I remember my sister, in a bid to outdo me, doing a jump into splits to Fame...and getting stuck.
I remember wanting to be Dempsey and Makepeace. I remember watching Moonlighting and Cheers and thinking how cool life will be when I grow up.
I remember Jazzles. I saw these sweets and it felt like someone had whipped me into a Delorean and took me back 20 years.
Long live Jazzles! And long live the vintage sweet shop that sells them!

-8441

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment