Friday 12 June 2009

My l'il bro (and almost sis!)

ml4

Technically, I have known my brother-in-law longer than I have known my husband. We all went to the same school. I remember Mike, the bro-law, coming into my best friend's clothes shop with a cocky little swagger only a 15-year-old could have.
We're almost ten years on from that and much has changed. I am now his sister for one (oh, how I am sure he rues the day!)
It's difficult to see someone who you will always think of as a 15-year-old as an adult: no matter how many times he tells me I look like I have combed my hair with a toffee apple (cheers for that) or reminds me of all the early dates he was my 'chaperone' he will always be that cheeky chappy with a cocky grin and a bit of a swagger.
He comes from a lovely family and so, like my husband, has grown into a wonderful man.
This is him now, as a grown up, with his lovely other half Liane. You see, me and her are the smart ones. We are both older ladies who grabbed the boys when they were young :-) Mind you, since she looks like Demi Moore and I look like a scarecrow you have to wonder which brother got the short end of the stick...
...Sorry, James...
PS Congrats to both Michael and James on completing the 70-mile bike ride for charity. I cannot apologise enough for making both your ladies miss you cross the finish line..please forgive me!!
ml6
ml3

1 comment:

Amanda said...

great pictures!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment