Monday 21 July 2008

My sister - the glamazon!

park6
Okay - let's set the record straight. At school my sister Keeley was always the trendy, popular one. I was the bookish nerd who worked in the school library vountarily (oh, I wish I was kidding!)
I vividly remember us leaving the house to walk to the bus stop - she always made sure she was a good few paces ahead of me to keep her street cred. She used to hustle to the back of the school bus and someone ALWAYS saved her a seat. I always got sat with the freakish kids who nobody spoke to...well, nobody other than me because I felt sorry for them and - let's face it - I was pretty freakish too!
It took me years to realise that there was a reason she was popular. Not just that she was funny, that she was a little crazy, and not just that she was always the centre of every party...but something much more basic than that. She was pretty. And as we all know, when you are a teenager in secondary school, that's some mucho grando street cred right there.
We talk about those days sometimes and laugh (I remember her flicking a cig end at me, and she always denies it.) But now, over a decade later, I can still look at my sister and understand why she is still popular.
It isn't just that she is pretty - because she clearly is. But it is because she is a good person - and that shines through.
On a side note, the above photo was experimenting with lens flare. I am not sure I like it - I will let my blog stalkers decide!
park10b
park12b

2 comments:

sp said...

Hi nicola,scott from OSP here, really liking your blog and love the sun flare shot of your mum,needs warming up alittle on my monitor but great shot !

Dolly said...

Hi Scott! Thanks! Glad you like the blog - took me ages to fathom how to do it. How do you like the vignetting?

Post a Comment

Post a Comment