Wednesday 25 March 2009

Turtle Soup...(just kidding!)

-6870

As soon as it hits Springtime our family gets a little addition...the pitter patter of little feet...
Toby the Tortoise comes out to play. My husband's aunt found Toby wandering around the streets almost 30 years ago and, since noone ever turned up to claim him, he has become a permanent member of the family.
He has his quirks, he sleeps for half the year, eats the most random foods and can be seen furtively wandering around the garden, taking in his surroundings (Toby, I mean..not my husband!)
Toby woke up from hibernation this week, he was in his little box, feet propped up with a look in his eye that screamed 'get me out of here!'
We have no idea how old he is, he's probably older than most of us put together, but he's always a quirky little addition to the family when he wakes up.
I love the expression on his face in the top picture and in this one he's waving at me...
-6853
I wish to point out that my husband is only PRETENDING to take a bite out of Toby...no tortoise's were harmed during the making of this blog entry...and I have to point out my bedraggled husband had just completed a 14-mile run at the time...
-6852

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment