Sunday 25 May 2008

It's all in the details...

If I say the word, 'vintage' to my best friend Joanna, she instantly wrinkles her nose in dismay. She is not the kind of girl who would spend hours forraging in a charity shop for a designer bargain. I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen her wear something 'retro' and she is so on point she often looks like she has stepped out of the pages of Glamour magazine.

I, however, am the complete opposite and came across a vintage wedding weekend held in Wimbledon, London.

It was hosted by Luella's Boudoir, a fantastic little shop which has every dream accessory brides could possible want.

And if you like vintage details, then this would have blown you away. From vintage jewellery, to 200 year old crockery they had it all.

Here are some examples, which might give some vintage-loving brides a few ideas. Don't forget - everyone is welcome to comment on my blog! I would be interested to hear your thoughts on retro weddings!

The vintage crockery was sourced by experts at The English Tea Party...





Beads and tiny flowers added to the appeal....







Vintage inspired jewellery was on display in lovely little bird cages....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment